The parish of Vallcanera was created in the 10th century, separating from Caldes de Malavella and gaining total autonomy. From 1245, the church of Santa Eulàlia became dependent on the Augustinian canon of Sant Pere Cercada (Santa Coloma de Farners). The present building is the result of reformation in the 18th century and all that remains of the Romanesque temple is the apse area, hidden by the annexed rectory (now a private residence). Inside the church, a gothic baptismal font from the16th century is preserved. In the document “Constitucions dels castells” (Constitutions of Castles) of 1358, the parish of Vallcanera is recorded as an integral part of the district of Argimon Castle (Riudarenes), part of the viscountcy of Cabrera.