Documentation of historical note of Santa Cristina goes back to the middle of the 14th century, but the archaeological remains located in 2013 give evidence of far older origins, placing it between the 9th and 10th centuries. In the 18th century, the hermitage gained importance due to an increase in maritime trade, firstly in the Mediterranean, and later towards the Atlantic. Thus, due to the growth in devotion, the small hermitage was renovated and enlarged considerably between 1764 and 1772 with a notably neoclassical style. The territory of Lloret de Mar remained under the canons of Girona Cathedral from the 12th century until the beginning of the 19th.
Tel. 972 37 05 70
E-mail. email@example.comHow to arrive