The oldest documentary mention of the Torcafelló Castle dates back to 1106, when it was linked to the Cabrera lineage, despite archeological excavation between 1999-2006 showing that its history goes back as far as the 11th century. Throughout the 12th century, significant renovation was carried out, but a century later, the castle was abandoned and left to ruin. In the 15th century, the chapel of Sant Jordi was built upon its ruins, a structure adapted to military standards during a fortification of the hill against the backdrop of the second Carlist War, in the mid-19th century, using the tower for optical telegraphy. The Maçanet de la Selva History Workshop began restoration work in 1988.
Tel. 972 85 80 05
E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.orgHow to arrive