The Gothic palace of the viscounts was designed around 1388 by Arnau Bargués, architect to King Martí l’Humà. It was commissioned by Viscount Bernat IV de Cabrera and supervised by Pere Mollet, the bailiff of Blanes. Once completed in the 15th century, the building became the principal residence of the viscount's family. In the first half of the 17th century, the palace was sold and converted into military barracks. At the end of the same century, the building was attacked and blown up by French troops during the Nine Years’ War. Many sections of the original outer walls still survive, along with the springings of several vaults featuring interesting decorative sculptural elements. The Church of Santa Maria, adjoining the palace, became the parish church of Blanes in 1319.
Digital recreationTel. 972 379 300
How to arrive